Oils and other viscous liquids (e.g. lubricants, paints, food) change their viscosity depending on the temperature. This strong non-linear dependence of the kinematic viscosity requires special flow meters / flow monitors for flow measurement / monitoring. Up to now, expensive volume measuring devices have been used to reliably measure and monitor viscous liquids.
Floats are the much cheaper alternative to volume flow devices. They are viscosity-compensated and are suitable for use in oils and other viscous liquids. Our viscosity-compensated variable area flow meters / monitors keep their accuracy in a viscosity range from 30 to 600 cSt. Changes in temperature or pressure in this area do not affect the measuring accuracy.
With the following device selection, we offer a wide range of devices for the display and monitoring of viscous media:
Overview of viscosity-compensated flow meters and monitors
|Flow monitors||Flowmeters||Measuring ranges||Compressive strength||Extended resolution||EX approval according to ATEX (option)|
|DKG-1||x||x||0.01 - 0.8 l/min… 30 - 90 l/min||10 bar||x|
|DKG-2||x||x||0.5 - 1.7 l/min… 2.5 - 8.0 l/min||16 bar|
|DKM-1||x||0.5 - 1.5 l/min… 35 - 110 l/min||300 bar||x|
0.5 - 1.5 l/min…
|DKM/A-1||x||x||0.5 - 1.5 l/min…
35 - 110 l/min
|DKM/A-2||x||x||0.5 - 1.6 l/min…
2 - 7 l/min
|DKME||x||1 - 20 l/min…
15 - 80 l/min
|DKME/A||x||x||1 - 20 l/min…
15 - 80 l/min
- Due to the use of a return spring, all devices work regardless of their position.
- The robust float devices have a high compressive strength. The stainless steel versions can be used up to 350 bar.
- As standard, the devices can be used up to a media temperature of 120 ° C. High temperature versions allow use up to 160 ° C.
- The floats type DKME and DKME / A have an extended measuring range without changing the small lengths of 130mm or 152mm.
- All devices are available with or without reed contact.
- Electrical outputs can be selected (4-20mA or 0-10V).
- Explosion-proof contact designs according to ATEX are optionally available.
Our viscosity-compensated floats are very often used in mechanical engineering, central lubrication, circulating oil lubrication and transformers.
|The floats DKG and DKM / A can also be connected in series in combination with volume flow blocks VSB in order to be user-friendly adjustable in a central location. This combination is very often used in central lubrication systems.|
Schmidt Mess- und Regeltechnik offers viscosity-compensated floats in a wide variety. Special designs for your individual applications are also available.
Our devices are very economical. Standard versions are available from € 80.